Saturday, March 14, 2015

Deceit is a Stalker (Villanelle)

Truth eludes me, its loyalty I doubt,
It's harassed by lies until it concedes;
Deceit is a stalker that seeks me out.

Honesty once so bold has lost its clout,
Nervous, it stands behind falsified deeds,
Truth eludes me, its loyalty I doubt.

I'm left to question if truth is devout,
When mixed up with lies it sometimes misleads;
Deceit is a stalker that seeks me out.

Deception tempts with myths it likes to spout,
And to slander with the falsehood it breeds,
Truth eludes me, its loyalty I doubt.

Truth's virtue, dishonesty loves to flout,
And the flow of truth deception impedes;
Deceit is a stalker that seeks me out.

But surrender is not what I'm about;
I will chase truth until to me it heeds.
Truth eludes me, its loyalty I doubt;
Deceit is a stalker that seeks me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.